Jatakari or Chatrubhuj Temple

Description
This is the farthest temple situated about 3 km. South of Khajuraho and 600 m south-west of the Jatkari village. It is a nirandhara temple of modest size similar to the Javari, and consists on the plan of a sanctum carrying a simple sikhara of heavy proportions, vestibule, mandapa and porch. The temple shows some notable features. This is the only developed local temple which lacks erotic sculptures. Although the temple is girdled round by the three usual bands of sculptures, all figures, except those of the vidyadharas in the top row, are stereotyped. The large (2.7 m high) image of four-armed enshrined in the sanctum, however is remarkable for its expression of transcendental clam and basis. The consort of Narasimha, figured in the northern niche of the sanctum façade, is also noteworthy. The temple anticipates the Duladeo in many features of plastic style and ornaments and is datable to circa 1100.
More
Approach
areoplanBy Air : Khajuraho
busBy Bus : Khajuraho
trainBy Train : Khajuraho
Facilities
  • PNB, CNB, Other signages
  • Parking

Tickets
No Entry Fees

Notification
Preliminary Pre PDF Final Final PDF
F.3-66/52 A2, dt. 4/11/1952 vide SRO 1999 pub dt. 6/12/1952 pdf View F.3-66/52 A2 SRO 865, dt. 30/4/1953 pdf View
Location
Locality Tehsil District State
Khajuraho Rajnagar Chhatarpur M.P.